Chicken Jalfrezi, is a deliciously hot & spicy dish its thick sauce tantalisingly clings to spicy pieces of chicken and pepper. If you like it hotter just add more green chillies.
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 3 Chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 Onions, finely chopped
- 1 tin 540g chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 3 tbsp’s of vegetable oil
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 Cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1 Green Pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 6-8 Green chillies, chopped in two and deseeded
- 2 tbsp’s tomato puree
- 3 tsp’s Madras curry powder
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and coat with the curry powder and some salt. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan to a medium heat and put in the chopped onions. Add garlic and ginger together with the tumeric and some salt and cook until the onions start to go brown.
- Add the tomatoes, half of the green peppers and the chilli powder and stir well, cook until oil separates.
- Take off the heat and leave to cool a little then pour contents into blender and pulse blend. Pour back into the pan then add the chicken, green chillies and simmer until chicken is cooked and tender.
- Serve hot with rice or breads.