This wonderful Chicken Curry With Sweet Potato & Coconut is lush and extremely tasty, it is my families favourite curry and is fabulous when eaten with a hot naan bread and a ice cold Kingfisher.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 red chilli chopped
- 2 tsp madras curry powder
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 tbsp red split lentils
- 300ml chicken stock
- 400ml can coconut milk
- handful of frozen peas
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan, add onions and soften
- Combine the curry powder with the ginger & garlic with a little water to make a paste
- Add to pan with the chopped red chilli and fry for 1 minute. Add the chicken, sweet potatoes and lentils
- Pour in the stock and coconut milk. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Throw in the peas, bring back to the boil and simmer until chicken and sweet potato are cooked
- Season to taste before serving.