This quick & easy tagliatelle alla carbonara is simplicity itself and is incredibly delicious and a sure fire winner with the whole family.Makes a wonderful supper when served with garlic bread and a cold crisp glass of Soave.
Preparation: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 100g pancetta or lean bacon, cut into strips
- 50g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 100g creme fraiche
- 2 large free range egg yokes
- 125g tagliatelle
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 25g butter
- salt & black pepper
- Boil a large pan of water and cook the tagliatelle following the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a small saucepan and cook the shallot, garlic and bacon until until golden.
- Beat the eggs, cream, most of the Parmesan and plenty of ground black pepper.
- Drain the spaghetti and return to the pan, away from the heat.
- Add egg & bacon/pancetta mixtures and toss together until the pasta is evenly coated. Divide between two bowls then sprinkle the remaining Parmesan over and serve hot.