This Tomato, Spinach & Goats Cheese Frittata is a great way to use up remnants left in the fridge and this simple frittata makes an ideal meal for two with tomatoes, herbs, spinach and tangy goats cheese. Simple and easy!
- 4 large free range eggs
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- Small handful of basil leaves, torn
- 50g-1¾oz butter, plus extra for frying
- 100g-3½oz spinach
- 4 super sweet cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 150g-5½oz goats cheese, sliced
- 1 tsp chopped rosemary
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl and season well. Tear the thyme and basil leaves and add to the egg.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick pan. Add the spinach and cook until the leaves soften and wilt. Add the spinach to the bowl with the eggs.
- Place a thin slice of butter in the pan. When it starts to sizzle add the eggs. Add the sliced goats cheese, tomatoes and rosemary and cook on a low to moderate heat.
- Preheat the grill on a high setting.
- After six minutes of frying, finish under the grill until golden on top and serve.
- serve hot with a light salad of rustic french bread.